TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General Terms & Conditions
- By accepting your order a legally binding contract between Sound Ideas Theatre Company and you is created. This contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law, and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes.
- By placing your order you warrant that all details you provide to us for the purpose of booking, ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform us.
- Event staff are authorised to refuse admission to the theatre and reserve the right to do so if in their absolute judgement your conduct is such that it is likely to disrupt or disturb other persons attending the theatre.
- The use of mobile phones and the making of recordings or photography, with or without flash, within the auditorium are strictly forbidden.
- Sound Ideas cannot guarantee the appearance of any cast member at any performance.
- All tickets are subject to availability.
- All ticket prices in print and online are subject to change at any time.
- It is a condition of sale in respect of all tickets that a ticket is only valid for admission to the performance it was booked for and by the original purchaser. Any ticket which has been at any time sold in contravention of this condition is void and will not admit the holder to the performance.
- Every member of the audience must be in possession of a valid ticket. Altered or defaced tickets will not be valid.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to check the date, time and show on your tickets as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
Ticket Resell & Exchange
- If you cannot use tickets already paid for, Sound Ideas can exchange them for another performance (7 days notice required). Alternatively, tickets can be offered for resale to personal callers where similar tickets are otherwise unavailable. To exchange or resell tickets, the originals must be returned.
- Except to the extent of the above two services or in the event of cancellation of a performance no refund or part thereof is available after a ticket is purchased.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect
We may explicitly collect the following information:
- Your name, company name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- your IP address
What we do with the information we gather
Where we require this information, it is collected to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Marketing purposes. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- Internal record keeping and/or for improving our products and services
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail where you have provided such permissions.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other services or websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Additionally, we may embed content or services hosted by third party websites, who may in turn store their own Cookies or collect their own information. Services regularly used on this website include, but are not limited to, the following:
Google Tag Manager
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.